2/12/2012

Silvaraju, my friend

On my way to the Raffles Place Station I saw Raju ahead of me. I called out to him and we had a little chat on the stock market before we parted. He was going to The Arcade and I continued to the station. That was Friday, just after office. He was in his cool and quiet manner and asking if the market was kind to me. He missed the rally by getting out too early with small profits.

I saw Raju again this morning in the Sunday Times Obituary page. He passed away peacefully yesterday at the age of 56.

We played golf together. We took turn to drive when we played. His game was improving greatly and his drive with his 3 woods was further than my driver. He was fit as a fiddle, and with no sickness. He is up there now.

Goodbye my friend, my golf kaki. And thanks again for the Chinese New Year greetings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is very unpredictable,
so make good and full use of
it.

patriot

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the untimely death of your young friend.

The one that the entire Singapore is waiting for;
unfortunately we are all still waiting.

Anonymous said...

The day the dear leader of Sin goes, the teardrops of Sinkies will be heavier than Typhoon Naga. It wont be good though, as no one has come up of any solution to solve flooding anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

This post shows how much my Dad has touched lives of people around him. Thank you for your kind words. I am so proud of you Pa. We miss u Pa.

Suren

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

Hi Suren,

Your dad is a very good man, very pleasant and friendly. We used to take turn to drive each other when we played golf. I used to wait for him below your flat in the early hours and he did that too at my place when he drove.

He used to tell me about both of you and your brother. All of you should take care of yourself and your mother now that your dad is not around.

Take care.